Miss Abby from Newly Impassioned Soul is hosting a Charles Dickens Reading Challenge since 2012 is the 200th anniversary of his birth. She challenges you to read 3, 5, or 10 of Dickens’ books. I have decided to read five books seeing as I am only just now being introduced to his work.
1. Oliver Twist – I’ve already started reading this and it is really interesting.
2. Great Expectations – I’ve read an abridged version of this novel and I enjoyed it so I think it’s time I read the full version.
3. Little Dorrit – I am going to be watching the miniseries in a few days, so I thought I should read the book too.
4. The Olde Curiosity Shop – I’ve heard of this book and it sounded interesting.
5. Our Mutual Friend – This is my mom’s favorite Dickens so I want to see for myself what it’s like.
I hope that you will join the challenge – Dickens’ books are well worth it.
For more info on Dickens’ 200th birthday check this website.