Archive for April, 2012
Yes, I’m back with a great giveaway opportunity.
Tethered by her impulsive promise to marry Lord John Lemon—the path of least resistance—Alexandria Featherstone sets off from Ireland to Iceland in search of her parents with a leaden heart. Her glimpse of her guardian, the Duke of St. Easton—the path less traveled by—on Dublin’s shore still haunts her. Will he come after her? Will he drag her back to London, quelling her mission to rescue her treasure-seeking parents, or might he decide to throw caution to the wind and choose Foy Pour Devoir: “Faith for Duty,” the St. Easton motto. The Featherstone mottoValens et Volens: “Willing and Able” beats in her heart and thrums through her veins. She will find her parents and find their love, no matter the cost.
The powerful and wing-clipped Duke of St. Easton has never known the challenge that has become his life since hearing his ward’s name. Alexandria Featherstone will be the life of him or the death of him. Only time and God’s plan will reveal just how much this man can endure for the prize of love.
My Thoughts: This book is a thrilling sequel to The Guardian Duke. I love the characters, the descriptive language, and everything else about this book. To give you a clue as to how much I liked it, I stayed up last night until midnight in order to finish it! I would highly recommend this book for anyone who likes a good adventure/romance story.
- Subscribe to this blog. (If you have already done so, put up an extra comment telling me, or else it won’t count.)
- Like this blog’s Facebook page.
- Like the Guardian Duke page on Facebook.
- Share the link to this giveaway on Facebook.
- Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter.
- Post about this giveaway on your blog/website. When you comment for this extra entry, include the link.
I’m going to take a short break from book blogging. I recently started up a new blog in Blogger and I want to devote my time to it for a short time. Don’t worry…I won’t be gone forever.
I just want to apologize for my lack of posting for a few days. I’ve been busy for the last few days, but I hope to start posting again soon,.
Miss Georgiana Darcy has tagged me!
This is a tag with very elevenish rules:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself (optional)
3. Answer the questions the tagger posted for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that they have been tagged
Here are the 11 random things about me.
- Purple is my favorite color. I prefer a dark, rich purple to a lighter lavender color.
- I just switched my Jane Austen blog from WordPress to Blogger. I’m slowly but surely adapting myself to Blogger.
- I have the whole set (almost!) of the Elsie Dinsmore series.
- My favorite breakfast food to make is coffeecake. I’m really good at it (IMHO).
- I love reading books by the Brontë sisters – I just finished Agnes Grey and I loved it.
- I entered a giveaway today.
- I love, love, love music – classical, from a Jane Austen film, just anything beautiful.
- My favorite blog is Old-Fashioned Charm.
- I started blogging a little over a year ago.
- My shoe size is a woman’s twelve.
- Little Dorrit is my favorite movie. Period.
Here are Miss Darcy’s questions.
- If you could meet a character from a book in real life, who would you meet?
- What is the worst movie you’ve ever watched?
- What is your favorite color?
- Who makes you laugh the most?
- What do you think it would feel like to fly?
- Have you ever met a famous person?
- How many blogs do you have?
- Have you ever read a book by one of the Brontës?
- What fictional place would you most like to travel to?
- How many followers do you have on your blog?
- What is your favorite literary quote?
Since I never like leaving people out, I tag everyone. If you happen to stumble across my blog, feel free to think yourself tagged (because you are).