Miss Georgiana Darcy has tagged me!
This is a tag with very elevenish rules:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself (optional)
3. Answer the questions the tagger posted for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that they have been tagged
Here are the 11 random things about me.
- Purple is my favorite color. I prefer a dark, rich purple to a lighter lavender color.
- I just switched my Jane Austen blog from WordPress to Blogger. I’m slowly but surely adapting myself to Blogger.
- I have the whole set (almost!) of the Elsie Dinsmore series.
- My favorite breakfast food to make is coffeecake. I’m really good at it (IMHO).
- I love reading books by the Brontë sisters – I just finished Agnes Grey and I loved it.
- I entered a giveaway today.
- I love, love, love music – classical, from a Jane Austen film, just anything beautiful.
- My favorite blog is Old-Fashioned Charm.
- I started blogging a little over a year ago.
- My shoe size is a woman’s twelve.
- Little Dorrit is my favorite movie. Period.
Here are Miss Darcy’s questions.
1: What is your favorite kind of tea? A fruity tea – it doesn’t matter what brand.
2: What are your five absolutely-most favorite movies? Ooooh, I love this question. 🙂 In order of liking – Little Dorrit, Sense and Sensibility 1995, Emma 2009, Pride and Prejudice 2005, The Inheritance 1997
3: What are some fashion trends – from the present or the past – that you love and actually wear? Um, I don’t wear anything from the past so I’ll just say that my favorite style is tailored.
4: What are three inspirational/devotional books that you love? Daily Light, The New Girl, and Let’s Weigh The Evidence
5: What is your favorite artist or picture? Hmmmm, I don’t really know…
6: If you had to describe your own looks as a character in a novel, what would you write? Or your own looks as you wish they were. You can have an imagination, y’know.
Meg had long, dark-brown hair, and blue eyes with dark, quite long lashes. She was quite tall and wore a silver ring on her left, middle finger.
7: What kind of music do you listen to most of the time? Music from Jane Austen films.
8: What literary secondary character are you most like? I like Jane Bennet from Pride and Prejudice a lot…especially when she’s played by the lovely Rosamund Pike.
9: What literary secondary hero-like characters do you love? (I know you can think of a million main characters. So can I. So I’m making it harder.) I like John Chivery a lot…and I hope he did get a good wife because he deserves one.
10: What are your opinions of the subject of poetry? I don’t really like poetry very much.
11: Which author’s writing styles do you admire the most? I like Jane Austen, of course, because of her wit…she can always make me laugh and Charles Dickens is a really, really good writer too. I think it’s a tie between them.
Here are my 11 questions.
- If you could meet a character from a book in real life, who would you meet?
- What is the worst movie you’ve ever watched?
- What is your favorite color?
- Who makes you laugh the most?
- What do you think it would feel like to fly?
- Have you ever met a famous person?
- How many blogs do you have?
- Have you ever read a book by one of the Brontës?
- What fictional place would you most like to travel to?
- How many followers do you have on your blog?
- What is your favorite literary quote?
Since I never like leaving people out, I tag everyone. If you happen to stumble across my blog, feel free to think yourself tagged (because you are).